For people with a documented thrombotic event and a family history of thrombosis, assaying clotting factor activity is crucial in diagnosing pathology.
Deficiencies in natural anticoagulants can lead to venous thrombosis: superficial venous thrombosis, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
The specific coagulation factors released by the vascular endothelium, as well as the surface expression of thrombomodulin and tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) provide information on the functional status of the endothelium.
The ACTICHROME® TF kit measures FT activity in cell lysates and in plasma samples.
The samples are mixed with human FVIIa and FX. The FT / FVIIa complexes thus formed transform the FX into FXa.
The amount of factor Xa generated is measured by its ability to cleave a highly specific chromogenic substrate for FXa. Following the cleavage of the substrate, the chromophore group of para-nitroaniline (pNA) is thus released and measured at 405nm, then compared to the absorbances obtained using a calibration curve made with a known quantity of FT.
This set is intended for research use. It is not recommended for diagnostic or therapeutic use.
The lyophilized presentation allows greater stability until the expiration date.
- 1 vial x assay buffer (10x concentrate) (5 mL)
- 2 vials x Human Factor VIIa (lyophilized)
- 2 vials x Human Factor X (lyophilized)
- 2 vials x SPECTROZYME® FXa, substrate (5 μmol) (lyophilized)
- 2 vials x FT / TFPI depleted plasma (0.5 mL) (lyophilized)
- 1 vial x relipidated human tissue factor, (500 pM) (lyophilized)